Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Painful stinging sensation

Holly,

I don't think there's any harm in taking the treatment as a caution. Just be aware that it means that DS will be getting the treatment too, as well as you. It's a decision you need to make and if you think that the benefits (possibility of relieving bad pain!) outweigh the concerns about using the treatment, then go for it.

It sounds like your DS may have a sucking blister - they normally occur on the top lip (the skin just above the top lip) and I haven't heard of them on the tongue before, but especially if it doesn't hurt him at all, it could be one of these. It usually means that your DS (which you know already!) is a good sucker, and doing plenty of it!

My nipples sometimes go white also when DD has been sucking really vigorously, and even though I'd had our attachment checked numerous times and all is really good, sometimes when she does suck vigorously it really does hurt and makes my nipple white. When I think about it, it has been these times that I have also experienced the vasospasm-type stinging in my breasts also. She's been a really aggressive sucker too - and perhaps as you say it could be a combination of your son's suck (causing vasospasm) as well as having thrush that could be giving you these symptoms overall.

I hope all the info has been helpful, and I really hope the pain your experiencing lessens really soon.

I had a bad night last night with DS waking gasping for air and frothing at the mouth. We rushed him to the doctors and meanwhile he kept gurgling, going limp and having trouble breathing, very erratic and at times I had to shake him (!) to rouse him. He recovered by the time we got to see the doctor and his chest/airways were clear, doctor wasn't sure what it was but said to call 000 if it happened again which it hasn't thank goodness. It was seriously the most frightening moment of my life
    Anyway, just before his sleep he had a feed and then I applied the daktarin gel to his mouth so I'm really paranoid it was the gel that blocked his throat and that he was trying to expel it.

Sooo my point...I'm just doing what my GP and midwife have recommended. I'm taking Diflucan every second day for a week and now just applying the gel to my nipples, not his mouth because of my concerns. Doc said he doesn't appear to have much thrush in the mouth so it should clear up with him sucking my nipples with the gel on them.

Bjrose, I'm still really interested in the Nilstat so if this doesn't work I'll try it. Thanks for the tip

Anna, I'm still also convinced I have vasospasm as well so hope it doesn't last much longer!

Miss C, you have been really helpful, thank you! And you're so right about weighing up the pros/cons, which I found out the hard way! I would rather have painful nipples than having DS have another choking episode possibly caused by the treatment.

Thanks again, will update next week

That sounds terrifying! I'm glad he was ok! You poor thing!
    I really hope you get all this sorted soon!

Oh, Holly! I'm sorry I haven't been in for a couple of days!

I'm sorry about the terrible scare you've had. I really hope things are settling down now, both for your DS and for the pain you're experiencing. Have things improved? No more episodes like the one you had? Is the thrush treatment making a difference for you?

Thinking of you and hope everything is ok...

Miss C

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12