thread: Shooting/throbbing pain in one breast???

Sep 2008
    Sydney

Shooting/throbbing pain in one breast???

Hi,

For the last few feeds I have had shooting/throbbing pains going through 1 breast. Any ideas what it could be? my attachment is fine and I have no damage. The pain is coming and going and isnt just when feeding either.

Jan 2012
    WA

I would be a bit concerned about thrush...

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jan 2006

maybe thrush, or some other kind of infection. Might be best to get checked out my your nurse, GP or an LC. If you can rule out thrush, it might be worth getting a swab to check for staph or something like that.

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

How does the breast look? Any other physical symptoms on the breast itself? Redness, lumps?

How do you feel? Any other symptoms in yourself?

Sep 2008
    Sydney

Everything looks normal! No redness no lumps. I am sure its not mastitis as I have had that before with my DD. I feel fine apart from the pain. I have booked an appoint to see my GP tomorrow. Hope I can get some answers.

I thought of thrush but I have no white spots and can't see any on DS either

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

How did you guess I was thinking mastitis?

It's good that you're seeing the GP tomorrow. But if they don't help, maybe try the hospital or wherever you had DS? Do they have access to lactation consultants?

Hope you can get some answers xx

Jul 2008
    summer street

I had/have thrush with no white spots in ds mouth or any other symptoms except shooting pains. Does it go through to your back?

Look up 'thrush in lactation' at the royal women's hospital website. The info is prepared by dr Lisa Amir who did a phd in breast and nipple thrush. It has everything you need to know, and you might need to direct your to there if it is thrush because she knows everything!!!!

Oct 2005
    North Queensland

Let down??