Thread: Weight gain slowing down

Default Weight gain slowing down

My DD is 16 weeks tomorrow, I went and weighed/measured her this morning - it's been 3 weeks since the last weigh and she's only put on 220gms & grown 2.5cm (5.35kgs & 58.5cm) in that time. Could it be a growth spurt or is she not getting enough milk?

During the day she feeds every 3-3.5hours, with cluster feeding in the evenings and then sleeps 9-10hours over night (9pm-7.00am), she has been doing this since about 5-6 weeks

She doesn't look skinny, has plenty of wet & pooey nappies each day and is a happy & placid baby the majority of the time.

Should I be looking to add an extra feed or two is during the day? Or is there anything I can do to enrich my BM?

At this age the weight gains naturally decrease, so that amount still sounds alright to me. Combined with the other things, wet nappies etc, it sounds like she's doing very well!
    If you're concerned, keep an eye on her, especially output, but I don't think you need to panic at this point. There's no need to enrich your breastmilk, it is perfect just as it is.

Default Weight gain slowing down

She sounds perfectly fine, is there a reason that you are concerned other than the number? I think it's normal to slow down a little around 3 months isn't it? I'd wait another weeknir two ( given the wet nappies healthy happy part) and then see what her average gain is for a month. If you are worried ask your mchn

Thank you for the reassurance, going by the load of nappies I've just hung out there is nothing wrong with her "output" lol

Suppose I was concerned since she was gaining around 220gm a week on average, it had dropped last weigh to about 150gms and now this time down to 73gms a week average but she is happy and healthy but definately growing.

The weight gains drop after 12 weeks or so, so it sounds like she's right on track. Imagine how big she'd be if she kept gaining 200+g per week....

The others are right. After 3 mnths weightgains naturally slow down - she sounds perfect.