thread: Buying/Selling - Is This Possible?

Add fionas on Facebook

Apr 2007
    Recently treechanged to Woodend, VIC

Buying/Selling - Is This Possible?

We've seen a house we like. Not in love with but very practical.

Would be happy with a $50K difference between what we could sell this place for and what we pay for the other place. The other place auctions in a month. I don't want to go to that auction without knowing what we could sell this place for. Obviously I have an idea of the value of our house but ... a $50K difference doesn't leave much wriggle room.

So this is what I'm thinking of.

Telling the real estate agent to find a buyer (private sale) for our place and then persuade the other place to sell within $50K of that price.

That leaves the hard work to the real estate agent but they make two commissions.

Whaddya reckon?

Jul 2007
    Melbourne

I'd say talk to them and see what you can do.
    You have nothing to lose and that way you have an RE on the lookout for more suitable properties able to do the same kind of thing later down the track if you dont get this one.
    Good Luck.

BellyBelly Member

Mar 2006
    Getting to know Brisbane all over again

I'm pretty sure you are welcome to make an offer on a property before auction, I guess it just depends how desperate the others are to sell, what their asking price is and if you can get a buyer for your house in time. Good luck and all the best, I hate buying and selling - so much stress and uncertainity!

Mar 2008
    Sunny QLD!

give it a go.... what have you got to loose??!! but a lot to gain...

be interesting to see if it would work!!!!