thread: Does anyone own a holiday house?

Dec 2006
    Smidgen-ville

You HAVE a holiday house Trish already. It's parked behind you in your avvie. Owning two would be a bit greedy!

May 2009
    SEQLD

We live at the beach and 60-70% of the houses to rent here are half houses, so you rent either upstairs or down and owner uses the other as a holiday home.

Personally not something we're interested in but it's a way to make it more affordable.

They also often convert the garage and rent that out to mostly surfy bums.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber & MPM

Feb 2007
    Melbourne

You HAVE a holiday house Trish already. It's parked behind you in your avvie. Owning two would be a bit greedy!
    I am greedy aren't I! We do call it our holiday house on wheels lol! Ours isn't nearly as nice as the one in my avvie though .

Oct 2006
    Melbourne

Trish I can't remember exactly where it is on the island even though I know I've been told, and probably more than once lol
    No I haven't stayed there yet but we are hoping to use it later in the year! My parents and brother/SIL have used it which is I know all about the 'house rules'!
    I think a flat marked is predicted for the short term which would be good for you guys (although hopefully not flat for too long for the rest of us who want their investment to grow lol!)

May 2007

Trisha - its inverloch. The people in it at the moment are great, and desal always pays 2 months in advance, so no surprises. It is rented fully furnished too.

It was only holiday rented for 2 years before desal. During that time we were very particular about no schoolies. We also used it ourselves between Christmas and NY. The house is huge and easily fits my family and my sisters family together, so nice hol for us all.

Also sis lives only about an hr away, so any probs she is close by.