thread: Experience with Wridgways?

Dec 2007
    Victoria

Question Experience with Wridgways?

Just wondering if anyone has thougths on Wridgways removalists they wish to share with me before I book them on Monday?
    Pretty sure tehy are the go, but wondering if anyone has personal experiences with them, locally or preferably interstate?

TIA!

Jan 2007

Can I be totally unhelpful and say that we went with Allied Pickfords and they were ab fab?!!! Quote done ahead of time, then on the day put all items in the rooms where they belong including boxes which a lot of places won't. Anyway that is all totally useless info for Wridgeways but thought would mention it anyway

Dec 2007

I have them as a customer, and send a fair bit overseas and they are never an issue from my side, so since they are so easy from my side, assuming they are on the ball and know what they are doing internally.. I am in Brisbane, but would think they would work similarly interstate as domestic removals are their main income.

Mar 2006

Never had an issue with them and they did 50% of our moves. Defence like them. Hopefully those who have used them more frequently will pop in.

My advice though is that regardless of who you use, get the insurance.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jun 2008
    In snuggle land

Haven't used them. I 2nd the reference for Allied Pickfords. They've moved us twice including the last move and were very good with a great price.

Dec 2007
    Victoria

Thanks everyone

Will give AP a call and get them to come and quote once the packing is finished on Wednesday - the one they did over the phone was $700 more than Wridgways O.o

Add Ms_Fi on Facebook

May 2009
    Hunter Valley, NSW

Would it be worth telling AP about the other quote and seeing if they can price match?

Dec 2007
    Victoria

Just got my proper written quote from Wridgways - $1295.80

WW have just told me it will take THREE WEEKS for my stuff to arrive, or I can buy the whole train container and have it shipped in 9 days for $1800.

Called to Allied Pickfords to see if they could do it any faster or match the price. They want to charge me $2200!!! For the same stuff, same volume, everything. And that didn't even include insurance and would take 2 + weeks anyway!

Astounded.

Seriously pays to shop around! lol

Anyway, needless to say, I am going with WW, and have decided I am just going to have to suck it up and wait, I really can't afford the extra $500. So if anyone knows where I can get some good cheap blow up beds, let me know

Oct 2006
    Adelaide, SA

So you'll be without your stuff for 3 weeks?? That seems crazy to me!

Are you moving interstate? No chance of hiring a truck and doing it yourself?

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jun 2008
    In snuggle land

I can lend you a double blow up bed and the blower upper thing. Otherwise you can get them cheap at Aussie disposals stores.

Dec 2007
    Victoria

Nope Jaycee, not with the 2 girls. Plus, already booked our flights, and it would cost me 6 times as much to drive a truck across the Nullabor

It's all good, I think I will crash at the girls godparents house for a week or so and see where we are at.

Thanks Tash! x

Mar 2004
    Sparta

Wridgways are not Kent. That can only be a positive.

Dec 2007
    Victoria

D moved over here with Kent! Atrocious, $2000 worth of damage and 9 months of a pain in the arse.

Mar 2004
    Sparta

My brother got $7000 worth of damage including breaking things that were irreplaceable because of sentimental value
    And getting it back from them was a PITA.

Dec 2007
    Victoria

That sucks. They were so so bad, I woulnd't use them again if they were free.

Jun 2005
    USA

I think we moved from Tassie to Sydney with Wridgways... but it may have been Allied Pickfords? All went well.

We just moved Melbourne to Seattle with Wridgways and the move was flawless. I'd move with them again in a heartbeat.

May 2009
    SEQLD

Between mum and I, we've done Hobart - Townsville, Townsville - Sydeny, Brisbane - Terrigal and a local Sydney move with WW and never had an issue, breakage or anything to complain about. Good luck with the move!

We would have gone with WW for our upcoming Terrigal - Roma move but a local company came in over $2,000 less.

Dec 2007
    Victoria

Thanks everyone Feeling much better about it now!