Thread: Feedback on Crib Point... please?

Default Feedback on Crib Point... please?

DH and I have been talking about moving. We do want to move interstate but we think the timing may still be not quite right. Either way I want to move, I hate were we live and it is not the type of place where I wish to bring up children, I have said since I was pregnant with DD that I want to be in a more country type area by the time DD was 1- we have just over 2 months!

I have recently come across Crib Point. Can anyone tell me what it is like to live there. Is it nice, safe, friendly to bring up a young family?

Any feedback at all would be appreciated as I am hoping to veiw some houses there over the next week or two

Deanne.

Anyone...?

sorry DD - i know where it is but haven't really spent any time there, sorry.

my grandparents used to live in tyabb & then mornington & both of them seemed okay to me. i think tyabb has grown heaps in the last 5-10 years but doesn't have the attraction of being quite so close to the beach as crib point.

what are you looking for in a town??
    i would reccomend where i live(its just over the SA border) it has pretty well everything here..
    its big enough but very much a country town!
    you can buy a 3br house (and the odd 4) for under 200k

one of my friends lived in crib point but has recently moved. They found that it was a bit too far away from things (such as big shopping centres and her family) and also that most of the people that lived there were much older than them (I think alot of people retire there).

If that doesnt worry you though, it was a beautiful spot, close to some very pretty beaches

DD, I used to live in Somers (which is the next suburb over)Crib point used to have quite a bad rep(it was kinda a low socio-economic area)but then back in the day Somers and Balnarring were tiny little holiday areas, Crib piont doesnt really have the lovely beaches that Somers/Balnarring/Pt Leo have, rather it is more a "port" kind of town with several ferrys leaving from there incl the French Is and I think a Phillip Is one too.
    Your nearest shopping area would be Hastings with a Woolies, Coles and a Ritchies. Hastings used to be a dump, but I went back there 2 years ago and the transformation had been amazing, heaps spent on the water front and the place was really booming.
    Cribby also has/had a local pool, a PS, rail acess to frankston, is about a 25 min drive to Mornington, about an 8 min drive to lovely beaches at Somers and if there are lots of oldies living there is prob nice and safe. The way property values shot upin the area in the last boom would prob have gotten rid of alot of the riff raff.
    I would def have a look if I was you, go for a drive one sunday.
    Also if your budget will allow, check out the other areas I mentioned, all of these suburbs have a primary school.
    Cause my dad lived in somers from 83 till his death in 02, and wouldnt have moved for the world. As kids, we had the beat summers there, very fond memories of the whole area.