Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! The house we are renting has white ants in it! I dont know what top do...

Quote Originally Posted by Riss10 View Post
    Also, I think your husbands thinking is disgusting - these people have probably worked really hard to purchase this rental property and he thinks that by causing further damage to the house he will be able to purchase it off them cheaply. I'm glad you are not my tenants!
    Whoa there Riss!

Ali has been brave enough to write on here something that her husband thought about but she didn't want to do. She has also put that she spoke to DH and he is going to look at it and call the landlord.

Sometimes we all think things that we would like to do to make our situations easier (doesn't mean we'll always do it) just not a lot of us have the guts to vocalise it and risk being attacked for something that could be a passing thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Riss10 View Post
    You really need to report this to your landlord - asap! As someone mentioned, it would be in your contract to report any damage as soon as you noticed. Also, I think your husbands thinking is disgusting - these people have probably worked really hard to purchase this rental property and he thinks that by causing further damage to the house he will be able to purchase it off them cheaply. I'm glad you are not my tenants!
    Yeah, back off a bit Riss. I know you are new but we are a little more civilized around here

Awww guys, I hate to say it but Riss has only said what I was initially thinking I think thats pretty crappy... sorry but its true! But I see now he's come around so hopefully it was just a short burst of mindlessness I don't think Riss has been in any way offensive, just honest. And I think being a forum you have to expect that from time to time. So lets not pick on the newbie for her honesty

Thanks girls, yes it was one of DP's idiodic thoughts that men tend to have sometimes but he called the landlord (we rent directly off them and not through a real estate agent) this morning and he is going to come round on Monday as they are away for the weekend.

Riss10- we are actually good tenants. We have been in this place for 3years, never been late on a payment of 2 weeks in advance (even when we then have no money for groceries), DP has fixed the air con when it broke down 2 years ago (for free), he fixes any problems that come up around the house as it is just easier to do himself and they really appreciate it. They have also just put the rent up by $30 a week (when interest rates have come down to their lowest) because the husband wants to work less but as tenants we have to just go along with it as there are no properties to let (but thats a different topic all together.

As others stated, and if you had read the whole thread you would have noticed that it was quite a stressful situation and DP was not being rational with his thinking at the time (like humans tend to do sometimes). Just because he thought it and I wrote it down doesnt mean that it is something that we would do.

Thank you for your support girls and for helping me through this stressful time.

glad its gettin sorted ali, last thing you need with a newborn.
    love rach xxx

England (but moving back home to Oz next year!)

Ali - Sorry I didn?t mean to offend you! But imagine if your post was reversed ? ?Our tenants have just told us that our house has termites. The damage is extensive ? they must have known about it for some time. There is about $20,000 worth of damage. I?m so upset they have put us in this situation and been so thoughtless. Where are we going to get this sort of money from?" I just don't understand how anyone could have such disregard for someone elses property!

Anyway, glad you are getting it sorted out. x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12