Thread: I'll Never Have My Dream Home...

Default I'll Never Have My Dream Home...

I know I'm being a bit of a princess and I have a lot to be grateful for but I'm just frustrated.

I've lived in the same house for 13 years and I'm bored. Every time I go on holiday, I get completely over-excited and think "oh, this is so great, we should move here." It used to be Hobart and now I've just returned from Sydney and I love that too. I've finally figured out what it is I'm after but it doesn't exist and I'm a bit sad about it.

I want a place with a GREAT view. I need sea/water and hills. Which rules out Melbourne even if we could afford to move bayside because it's basically as flat as a pancake. Don't care if it's an apartment or a house but we need something with 3/4 bedrooms. We could afford that in Hobart but not in Sydney. But Hobart is just too small a city I think.

Just a whinge.

One place - Sunshine Coast - water and hills

My ILs are *hilarious* when they travel, they do the same thing everywhere. Darwin, NZ, Cook Islands, even humble old Brizzie.
    I think that's sort of how you're supposed to feel when you go somewhere.

Right now, I would give a LOT to be living in your house!! I miss Melbourne SOOOOO much!

i just posted a similar thing.
    hope you eventually get what your wanting.
    xxx

Dont worry I forever feel the same, I think I am a gypsy in a past life or something.

I hope you get what you want one day!!

adelaide you could have it all.... not hugely exxy

Been doing the same dreaming here too... I think i just want a change though...

doudou - I gave DP my criteria this morning and he mentioned Adelaide too. Hmmm - maybe we'll go there next holiday and check it out.

I was trying to explain this to a friend the other day. Told her that the best thing about going to Sydney was going for a walk along Manly foreshore, getting to the end and turning around a corner and ... not knowing what was going to be around that corner. But I stumbled upon a little lagoon and a curvy street (love curvy streets) with houses overlooking it up on the hill and I almost wet my pants. See here, I know what's around every corner and I'm bored.

Firstly I've just seen your avvy uploaded in here for the first time! Yay!

Secondly... where I am (kinda near you I think) we are up on a hill and some houses have the most amazing views... not of water... mainly the city... and there's lots of curvy treelined streets. We've been here nearly 6 years and still come across little pockets of our suburb that we didn't know existed... little groves between houses that you can walk down into and feel like you are in the country... this is one reason why I like it here. Water is nice... my mum lives right on the coast... but I worry about rising sea levels and tsunamis LOL I don't think I could relax living right on water... (if that is any help) LOL

I have been checking out other places on the Hursbridge line Bath but it would mean DSD changing school unfortunately.

The other problem is that generally I like hilly areas (more interesting, views etc.) BUT if we have another baby and I get a dodgy pelvis again then hills are not a good idea.

We're going to look at a house today. Practically, it's very good. Main bedroom downstairs with ensuite and WIR (drool) and three bedrooms upstairs. That's great because at the moment we're in a very noisy one-storey house and having a toddler making a lot of noise while a teenager is asleep is not much fun. Nor is not being able to shower until DD naps. Whereas in this other house, we could do what we wanted downstairs with little effect on upstairs. Plus, I could safely ensconce DD in the main bedroom while I shower in the ensuite.

Plus it has a huge garage which means somewhere to store all our clutter or DP can have a darkroom and I can get a few pieces of exercise equipment.

So it ticks all the boxes but it's not my dream home to look at. Very boxy kind of townhouse. Brand new whereas I prefer something old with character.

Can't have everything though. I think at the moment I have to go for practical because it's so hard living in a house that ain't.

Newcastle is hilly with gorgeous views over the water without the Sydney price tag... it is beautiful here.

Fiona, character isnt something that a house 'has', it is something that is put there by the ppl who live in it.

My darlink sister just bought a brand new ultra practical townhouse, which surprised all of us cos she was wanting "character" to the point that she was contemplating building her own ala mudbrick (!!) and...well, it HAS character because she has put it there. She started again with all her furniture etc and it looks fabulous. She is happier than a pig in (characterful) mud.

I know how you feel...I always get bored hence why we have sold 2 homes already and now are onto our 3rd and well my DH is hoping 3rd time lucky..so far it has been 3 years so far so good...We wnt on holidays recently to Phillip Island and I really want to build a holiday home there it has the hills and the bay views and it really is not that far from melbourne..well 1.5 hours but not out of reach...

Also went through a QLD stage where i wanted to go there and then TAS as it is just so afordable we could buy a mansion there and have land as well....Then it was NSW so I could be closer to friends but instead I changed the furniture around and swaped the kids room and now I am satisfied again

What about the NZ cities?
    Wellington or Christchurch both have hills and water views as well as some lovey old buidings and homes.

And you can call your neighbour bro and eat chups.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimeh View Post

One place - Sunshine Coast - water and hills
    I second that!