thread: Packing and removalists? Kind of urgent!

Dec 2007
    Victoria

Question Packing and removalists? Kind of urgent!

HELP!!

I am almost finished packing, but have run into a snag, and as it is a long weekend here, there will be no one to ask about it until Tuesday, and they are collecting things on Saturday, so want to get it all done asap!

I have about 12 large plastic crates that I use for storage (things like clothes for the girls and all my fabrics etc). All have lids and are sealable, and with a strip of tape over them, they will travel ok I think.

My question is though will the removalist let me transport them like that? It will all add up to about 6 tea chests, which I don't mind buying but then I would need several more larger boxes to transport the empty crates in, and this will add significantly to my volume, which equals more money, something I am trying desperately to avoid!

I really need to keep the crates, replacing them on the other end will be too expensive and where I am moving has very little in the way of storage space to keep the things in them somewhere else.

Has anyone moved things in these tubs or will the removalist even let me?
    Last edited by LimeSlice; June 2nd, 2012 at 04:52 PM.

Jan 2010
    Shoe Heaven

I used plastic tubs when I moved, I think I only had about 4 cardboard boxes/tea chests. The removalists were fine with them.

Dec 2007
    Victoria

Phew!! Thank you! Been stressing about it

Nov 2007
    Earth

I have no direct experience, but I can't see why they wouldn't. As long as they're happy that the tubs are secure, it shouldn't be a problem.

Also - eeeee, it's almost here!

Jan 2010

We moved last October, plastic tubs are no problem.

Sep 2008
    In a cloud of madness.

Hubby work for removals and said no probs

Add Little Chicken on Facebook

Mar 2010
    Melbourne

Yes they will, but do not put anything fragile in them. Each one of my tubs came out with squashed broken lids.

Apr 2008
    Home, where else??

Just ask them to put them on the top. Hopefully that will minimise breakage.

Dec 2007
    Victoria

Thank you!

Jan 2008
    Brisbane

Yelp same as everyone else. Have moved with them but lids got broken. Second time we asked them not to be stacked and them to go up top. Worked a treat

Happy moving!

May 2008
    where the V8's roar

Maybe tape the lids a bit more just in case Goodluck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk