Thread: Residential Tribunal - Going on Friday

Default Residential Tribunal - Going on Friday

Hi ladies

Im going to the residential tribunal in NSW on Friday to get our previous bond money back.

I have been before (as both an agent and a tenant) although I haven worked in that field for many years now ( I am confident but a little weary)

The Real Estate is claiming our BOND So I will have to state why we should get it back etc.

The R/Estate wants it because they say:

We owe 1 weeks Rent - Which was never brought up EVER until after we moved out ( To our knowledge we were always two weeks ahead, I always paid on time etc) and we have all our bank statements to prove this.

We owe for water - Apparently they FORGOT to send us our water bill for 6 months and now want an extra $500.00 for water without even providing a bill or invoicing us at all for it in the last 6 months. (We are supposed to receive an invoice and copy of the bill to pay within two weeks etc

They claim we left the house a mess and unclean - Although I paid a professional cleaner for 3 hours - Steam cleaned the carpets as well and have receipts for all of it ...

And we took photos before we left ( which are still on our camera with the date/time ) as well as printed copies of the photos for tribunal to see....

They were really ****ed that we didnt have an OPen House at a time that didnt suit us and now they have done this

it took me three weeks of waiting for our bond before I realised they had tried to claim it all behind our backs

So now we must fight = Civil fighting in court on Friday

Any advice ?
    What else to take? besides Photos, bank statements, receipts for cleaning

Maybe write down everything as calmly and unemotionally as possible, to refer to if you get lost? Sounds like you have an open and shut case there, shouldn't even have had to go to the tribunal

You go girl, I know you're emotionally raw at the moment, but you're hanging in there

Thanks

I just want to get this out of the way now

Stressing and reading through all the paperwork I need to take

its ALOT of work just proving you are right sometimes

thanks for the support

I've written a statement of facts - an unemotional list of things to bring up

Ive got all my receipts and photos ready

I just cant get all my bloody bankstatements I guess they might get us on the rent If I cant find them or print them online

Any advice ladies?

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

You should be able to go into branch and ask them to print them out.

Good luck

I agree with the other ladies. If you have online banking you can easily print the statements off. If you don't, just go to a branch and ask them to print it for you. This should be no issue at all, they can easily access the data (might have to pay 2 or 3 dollars for printing, depends on the bank, though).

Also I would suggest putting ALL correspondence between you and the Real Estate Agency in a nice ring binder (Inspection notices; the little piece of paper they leave behind after an inspection saying: All looks good; etc etc), so you got it all there and you look all organized This can help you in case they say something like: "Oh, but we did inform you of *blablabla* in one of the letters we send you..." This way you can say "Well, I have ALL your letters here, there is not one that states *blablabla* " Does that make any sense?

I don't know how much time you have before the trial, but you could always get statutory declarations written by neighbours/friends to state that you kept the house clean/ kept everything in check all the time, etc. That way it's not just your word against theirs IYKWIM.

Regarding the water bill: You only have to pay if you go over the standard amount (they have a flat rate the landlord has to pay, everything above, the renter has to pay). It might be worth checking the water meter and enquiring exactly how much has been used. If it is within the flat-rate you don't have to pay anything. THEY HAVE TO PROVE that you went over the account! So write down what your water meter says (if you still have access to the property).

I wish you the best of luck

Good luck with it. As the other girls have said, sounds like its very open and shut. I like the ring binder idea.

All over ....

Long story

the judge didnt have time to hear our case so We HAD TO compromise or come back another day

So I let them have some $$$ to get most of it back

And I told her..... So glad its Over

I had a great time seeing my family too....

But its soooo good to be home

They didn't have time to hear your case? Wow that's wrong!