Thread: 36+3 weeks pregnant and sore C scar

Default 36+3 weeks pregnant and sore C scar

I woke up this morning and my scar feels itchy and burny like there is a rash there but i cant see anything, its really irritating.
    im 36 weeks and 3 days pregnant due for a repeat ceaser on 2nd april

Anyone else expreienced this?

Yeah I got that last pregnancy.

My OB said its just the muscles stretching and stuff...

Never had a C/s but hate being itchy... Have you tried to put some moisturiser on it???

bresnewma Guest

hey, dont know if this is the same thing or not, but im 37+1 and have been having really bad pain on the ceaser scar. ob told me it was the scar tissue stretching, but even when bubs moves im in agony. braxon hicks feel more like labour now. the only thing i found that helps the pain (dont know if yours is this bad or not) is swapping with a heat pack and an ice pack to take down the swelling and to numb it. i know it doesnt help much, but thats all i can suggust from my own experience. hope it helps

Lisa

Default C Scar and pain

Hi Lisa

I am in mortal fear of having a ruptured uterus (as this will be CS No 5), so I asked the ob and midwife what I should watch for...They advised that if the uterus begins to rupture you would probably having searing pain and get a pain up into the chest upper abdo area. They advised if the scar gets translucent then get it checked out as well

I get pain in the scar area every few days and sometimes I must say I get myself into a bad headspace! I think that there are adhesions to the abdo wall etc, and maybe these are what is happening with you

Good luck!