Thread: Achy c/s scar

Question Achy c/s scar

Was just wondering if it's normal to have an achy c/s scar. I barely had any pain following my c/s, but more recently (probably as I've started becoming more active) I've noticed my scar area getting a bit achy, especially if I've had a busy/active day. Does this mean I should be taking it a bit easier, or will it just ache anyway?

Yup you should be taking it a bit easier, your scar isn't healed yet & it will hurt if you do too much at this stage. I found with my first I had to make sure I took it easy for a few months afterwards - no strenuous exercise or vaccuuming to be specific

Probably be sensitive for a while yet - everything is starting to knit together. It finishes knitting back together at around 3 months.

Yep, I found it hurt a lot more after a lot of walking or strenuous activity, so got to take it easy.

No vacuuming, as Sarah said. And feel free not to bring shopping in... or put clothes on the line... lol

Thanks girls! Gee, I'm really going to have to restrain myself - I'm usually such a busy/active person. I'll have to show this to my DH so he picks up his game with the vacuuming/washing, etc (he was fantastic to begin with, but my how quickly that fades ).

Same hun, once i could walk standing up straight Shel thought I was fine so I was doing washing pretty early on Not fun dropping a basket of washing on your foot cos otherwise your belly's going to come undone!

its really hard to stop urself from being ur normal self, ur Dh needs to help out

I agree with the others. Just try to take it easy for a little longer yet. I found mine only hurt if I overdid it too. Just remember that there were 5 seperate incisions (skin, facia, muscles, peritonium, uterus) that had to be re-sutured together and it's all got to heal properly.