Thread: AF after C/S

Default AF after C/S

Hi gals,

I had my daughter via emerg c/s at the end of August, and i expressed until she was 7 weeks old, she is now 3 and a half months old and no af as yet.

Im curious as to how long after a c/s did af return for some of you? I know this will depend on things like breastfeeding etc and that there is no real time frame but i just want a general idea.

Thanks,
    Lisa

After all my babies , 1 natural and 3 c.s. well not including this bub but the last 3 my AF has come exactly 4 weeks after my PP bleeding stopped..

Af returned for me with Tehya when she was 10 months old. I was fully breastfeeding her at the time too. With Noah I think it was at around 8 months after his birth.

Wow Nic, you don't get much of a break.

I had an emergency CS with dd1 and too bf for 7wks. From memory i got AF back about 5weeks after stopping BFing.

No Trish I sure don't. I always felt ripped off too

with my first emergency C I bf till 6 weeks and got af 6 weeks after giving birth (2weeks of pp bleed) with my 2nd I bf till she was 11 months but I can't remember when I got af!! I'll try and remember this time round.

Quote Originally Posted by joralyd View Post
    with my first emergency C I bf till 6 weeks and got af 6 weeks after giving birth
    Same here

Hi, i had a c section with DS, i had PP bleeding for 3 months, then got af back at 4.5 months!

Poor DF was very frustrated !! not as much as me though i should have bought shares in stayfree!

Thanks gals well i think ill just wait it out its been about 7weeks since I stopped bf so im sure its around the corner! Well I hope

Kim - I dont have much time for BB anymore, not because I dont love it, but with DD and helping DH with his business, I have a dying FIL and had a sick brother for a while (he is getting better thank god!) so ive had my hands full. Hope all the little August munchkins are thriving!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

I have had 2 C/S and AF arrived almost exactly 3 months later with both children, even while I was still BFing.

Everybody's body is different and there really isn't any rule of thumb...I think the longer she doesn't make a visit the better (I guess that is only if you aren't planning of TTC again soon).

Mine came back 3 months afterwards, which was not long after I started to comp feed DS.

Hi, i had a c section with DS, i had PP bleeding for 3 months, then got af back at 4.5 months!

Poor DF was very frustrated !! not as much as me though i should have bought shares in stayfree!
    OMG!! Blakesmummy that's so cruel!! you poor thing

Oh Kim, your TTC again! Good luck sweety!

Still no af and Alex is almost 4 months old, not that I really want AF, just curious as we dtd a couple of times without contraception so i was just wondering how long I should wait for it, and no we are definatley not TTC again. I want to wait until Alex is about 1, but oh well, whatever will be will be!