Thread: Anyone had 2 Cesarean's close together?

Default Anyone had 2 Cesarean's close together?

I am interested to hear from anyone who has had 2 cesareans within 12-16 months apart. And if so, were youe OB's concerned or did they offer any advice?
    Many Thanks

I had 20month between my two c-sections. They wasn't that bothered about them being close together. I think they worry if it's less than a year apart.

Thanks for the feedback ladies. I had a cesarean in early november and was hoping to ttc soon, so I just wanted to hear some good stories from people who have had 2 close together. My DR said I would be fine to try 6 months after and my GP said it was fine to try after 3 periods, which would be roughly 4.5 months so I was getting a little confused
    Thanks again.

Kirsty77 Guest

HI Bailey

As Brooke said I've had 2 c/s's really close together, 13 months apart and have had absolutely no problems. My doc wasn't concerned really at all but just kept a closer than the norm eye on me. I went public by the way. I also got the ok from our gp to go ahead and ttc straight away or when we felt ready. Well Gemma was 4 months when we ttc and we fell pregnant first cycle.

The only thing I would suggest is that you take it easy with the second pregnancy. I did have to be careful not to overdo it otherwise my scar would get really sore as well as my insides, if that makes sense! Theres absolutely no reason why you cannot ttc again unless your gp has specifically said you cannot becuase there was complications with your first c/s, other than that hun go for it!! We LOVE having our girls so close in age! And they are both in nappies at the same time. Goodluck........if you think of anything else you want to ask, ask away!!

Thanks for your reply Kirsty. It's good to hear that you didn't have any complications and your doc wasn't too concerned. It's good that your DD's will grow up close...they'll be sharing (or fighting over) everything Unfortunetly, we are wanting to ttc so soon after a C section as our DD was stillborn in November. In our next pregnancy, I do plan on taking it very easy. Thanks again.

Kirsty77 Guest

Oh Bailey I am so sorry. If you both feel ready then I say go for it. Goodluck hun :hugs:

Brooke-thats ok!!

Thanks again Kirsty and B456.

Ive had my 2 boys via c/s and they were 18months apart. I had atubal reversal then had Vyolet 11 motnhs later...only problem I had was going into early labour with my second and he tore my c/s scare apart internally. Am currently pg with number 4 and yepa you guessed it, another c/s