Thread: Anyone had cesarean after cesarean?

Default Anyone had cesarean after cesarean?

Was your cs easier the second time round because you knew what to expect? Was it a longer recovery due to prev cs?

tiggy Guest

Hi Ally,
    I thought that my second was much easier than my first.
    I went home on early discharge (on day 2) after my second caesar.

I found my 2nd to be alot easier than the first in regards to recovery time, i couldn't walk for 4 weeks after the first but was fine within a week of having the 2nd, i was also released early after #2 day 3 i think

Ally, I found my second c/s much easier too. My recovery time was shorter and my tummy just felt much better in general. I must say however, that my first was done in an extreme hurry whereas my second was done in a much more controlled manner, so I guess I would have expected my tummy to be in better shape after my second in any event.

But I would say that knowing what to expect did help also...

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

hehehehe... you can call it a repeat caesarean if you want to make it less of a mouthful
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

My second c/section was much more difficult to recover from than my first. I dont know if it was the fact that I was 6 years older or not but I am sure it had something to do with it.

I also swear that because Asha's birth was an elective c/s that my body had no time to prepare itself for any form of childbirth where as Jack's arrival by c/s was after 13 hours of labour so my body was physically prepared for the recovery by being in labour for a while (hope that makes sense!).

Good luck

Recovery from my second one was worse. The frist was an emergency and Cait was in the special care nursery so I had other things to think about and was out of bed after 12 hours. The second one, while more organised, made me think I was dying the day after.

Kell Guest

My first was emergency too and so the op itself wasnt too bad (I was glad for some kind of progress!) but the recovery was hard. The second cs (op itself) was horrible, i hated the spinal going in and the feeling etc but the recovery was A LOT easier and faster for me too.

My first c/s was excellent, hoping for the same great experience second time around.

My 2nd c/s was much easier than the first, although it was different, as it was a spinal instead of GA, it was a breeze really. My 3rd c/s was okay, emergency but it was only the actual c/s that was the hassle, the recovery was fine. I was out of bed about 12 hrs post op and pretty much never returned to bed after that. Even with 9 yrs between 2 and 3, it was a lot less traumatic than I remember, although not enough decent drugs for my liking. LOL

tiggy Guest

Dinky,
    I found exactly the same thing.
    My third caesar was a breeze and it was an emergency.
    Even the emergency laparotomy with William wasn't as hard as that first caesar.