Thread: Anyone had a 'natural' or maternal assisted c/section?

Default Anyone had a 'natural' or maternal assisted c/section?

Hi all,

I've been a bit of a lurker here just lately... Anyways, I am just wondering if anyone has had a 'natural' or maternal assisted c/section? And what your experiences were?

This is bub #2 for us, Isabel was born via emergency section after 36 hours or so of labour. Thankfully I had a epi in already so I was awake when she was born, but from the time they told me I would be having a section to when they started cutting was about 6 minute (DD's HB was at 20bpm) I don't want to attempt a VBAC as we were told that our baby would probably be born sleeping last time and I am so scared that I am going to end up with another section the same. Am wanting a little more control over the situation if you like.

So any input/ personal experiences/ websites would be greatly appreciated.

There is a member, Mamaduke (I think?) who had a maternal assisted c/s. She started a thread on here about it.

Yes, there is a thread by mamaduke who had one, but here is the story of the first maternal assisted caesarean in Australia. Paula beckton, a woman on the Gold Coast: template

I am going to be talking to my Ob about this at my appointment next week

Default Where in WA are you birthing?

V21, I just notived you are in WA/. Are you in Perth? As the King Edward memorial Hospital actually have guidelines for maternal assisted caesareans and have apparently done several.

Clinical Guidelines here:
    http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&so...WmIx1OQe2jPuAw

Story here:
    Delivered safely by caesarean with his mother's hands - National - theage.com.au

Hope this helps

thanks mamaspice. nope not in perth though.... down south, not sure how open the hospital will be about but i will take those guidelines when i see my gp/ob.

Good luck with it all