This is a good general or generic list for people who haven't experienced a C/s to get them thinking about what it might be like but I think it's important to state/realise that it's based on both general advice given to all women who have C/s, and the very specific experience of one mum. Everyone's experience will be different. For example:


#1 You get the shakes due to all of the drugs being given to you so quickly
- I didn't experience shaking that I remember.

#5 It's really not as bad as some would have you believe
- For me it was much worse

#11 I wasnt warned of what i call the EPISHOCK - the pain that shoots up my back with out warning every so often now!
- Haven't experienced this.

#21 At antenatal class you'll be told that there could be 10 people in the theatre with you and how scary that will be, in reality you don't notice, there are only 3 important people in there - you, your partner and bubs!
- I was acutely aware of everyone in the theatre and what they were looking at/seeing behind the screen.