Hi Kyky,
I did not have my baby at Perry House but I just wanted to say that my first caesar was not a nice experience. I had to have a general anaesthetic and didn't get to meet my bub til she was 1.5 hours old. I found the experience very traumatic and we had major breastfeeding probs. I have discussed my feelings with my OB and if I need another caesar she is letting me have what is called a maternal assisted caesarean - basically once the doc has delivered the head and shoulders I can reach down and pull bub up onto my chest. I can have bub with me whilst being stitched up and while I'm in recovery. Obviously this kind of thing doesn't appeal to everyone but make your Ob and/or the hospital aware that you want skin on skin contact asap and that you want bub with you whilst in recovery. Even write a caesarean birth plan with all your wishes on it and give it to your OB and the hospital. They should be supportive of your wishes! Good luck!![]()




Reply With Quote
Bookmarks