thread: Breastfeeding and contact following Caesarian

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    mmm73 Guest

    I know I won't be much help but with both bubs I have had c-sections and been able to hold bubs almost straight away. They tend to have wrapped them but we have photos with both boys and us holding them in theatre.
    Both boys were wheeled to our room with me on my bed. They were in recovery with me the whole time. Two different hospitals both SJOG. I couldn't have been happier.

  2. #2
    kyky Guest

    Thanks everyone. I did ask the obs about it and he said that you generally get a bit of a cuddle, 10 - 15 min in theatre whilst they are stitching, then bub and partner off to room whilst i go to recovery - hopefully not for too long.

    I will certainly let everyone know when i check in (and at every other appropriate moment!) what i would like - but i do also understand the constraints that are present (e.g. resource availability, recovery environment etc) as i am an ICU nurse.

    I think i'm pretty ok with the whole thing. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Just counting down the days now (26 to go!) - can't wait.

    Kaz

Similar Threads

  1. ABA sugestions for the more common breastfeeding problems.
    By *Efjay* in forum Breastfeeding Problems & Support
    : 1
    : September 17th, 2006, 09:13 PM
  2. Welcome to The Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding & Solids forum!
    By Rouge in forum Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    : 0
    : January 2nd, 2006, 11:00 AM