Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caesarean Chatter - May 2005

Melinda Guest

Default Caesarean Chatter - May 2005

Welcome to the caesarean chatter thread for May 2005!

Did you have a caesarean? Was it an elective caesarean or an emergency caesarean? How did you feel about it? Share your experiences here!!

Hi Girls,

Looks like I`ll be joining you girls as I`m booked in to have a c/s tomorrow (Tuesday) at 5pm due to having a small pelvis.

Min - you were saying the Widest transverse diameter of your pelvis measures 10cm, I`m not far off at 10.4cm, hence why he will not fit.

Take Care

Deeanne

Good luck for tomorrow Dee

yeah Dee, the sonographer was saying it is known as a funnel shaped pelvis where it is quite wide at the top and very narrow at the bottom.

the only reason they found out early with me was because of routine tests they always do due to family history of caesarians and small pelvis's we all have the same body type and so far have all ended up with tiny pelvises

That's really weird cos my mum has a small pelvis & had to have 4 caesareans, but they didn't test me at all :-k Maybe they don't do it in NSW.

Good luck for today Dee! Hope everything goes well...I'm sure it will!

I have just been given the time i have to be at the hospital for my c/section on the 24th May. Nice and early wake up for me 7.15 we have to be there for.

Also have my check pre-admission appt for 13th May.

Wow Michelle thats great to have a date, pity about such an early wake up call, but I guess if it were me I would have trouble sleeping anyway...

I do like it being early saves me being worried all day and counting the hours down. Nothing worse than watching the clock.

Good luck with today Dee.

Nic

Melinda Guest

Good luck Dee!!

beck.o Guest

at my last obs app., i was advised that a ceasarian would be the best for me considering my last labour and the slim chance of me having a successful vbac. when he told me that last year at the mater, 2 babies died as a result of unsuccessful trial of scars, my mind was made up.
    so why do i feel judged when i tell people about having a ceasarian this time? its crazy! i feel compelled to explain myself and even when people (particularly women) hear it along with the fact that my ob has advised it, they still make comments like 'you know, if you really want a vbac, you can demand one'.
    :mad: drives me up the wall.

beck

All I can say is tell em to mind their own business, that you will make the decision that is best for you, and your baby. I get the same response when I say Im trying for a vbac, "dont you know its dangerous, shouldnt you have another csec!" so dont let em pick on you, you do your research and make tthe best decision for YOU!!!!!!!! =D> =D> =D>

People should really mind there own business and be happy for you anyway hey? Im sure if someone really wants a vbac, there gonna investigate that, without your input.. and on the opposite, your not going to just book a csection for no reason..

Whilst there are many things to do with preg/birth/parenting etc which i am an advocate for.. I would never force it (even just by guilt) on to another person.. and I hate it when people try to make you feel that your ideas on the matter (as if its not your body, your baby) are wrong and dangerous (or whatever there prob with it is at the time)..

argh anyway.. just wanted to let yous know that those people are not you, to make your decisions...

K

beck IKWYM I often feel judged when I say that I had a c/s and even though it wasn't what I wanted I had to have one. Its so wrong. Australia does have a high rate of c/s but a low rate of neo natal death, so I guess I'd prefer a living healthy baby.

I have a question. I ended up having a emergancy c/s last november for my daughter. I'd like to have a vbac this time but I don't think they will allow it as it is tooooo soon. I have been told by my sis that ur not meant to fall pg within a yr of c/s as uterus needs time to heal and that I will almost def be booked into another c/s. I was wondering what you guys think and whether I can still demand a vbac if I feel I can handle it and it's not too risky later in pg?

I was told katkins that if I had another baby in the next 2 years there is a risk of needing a c/s depending on how my muscles are tolerating being PG... because they get so stretched and the healing of the scar needs to be pretty good for it to tolerate labour.

lets hope they will let me investigate how well healed it is before they decide then hey?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast