Thread: CAESAREAN question ???

Question CAESAREAN question ???

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help me out with a strange question. Its my TWW time at the moment but i was just wondering is it a common thing for quite overweight women to have a caesarean or can they have a natural birth ???? Dont know why i just assumed i would have to have a caesarean, thought i would ask if anyone knew for sure.

Cheers
    Char

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Not at all Char - the WHO (world health organisation) states that only around 10% of caesareans worldwide are medically needed. There is no way that would be due to women being overweight. If you want a natural / vaginal birth, you go get it hon
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Thats Fantastic, thanks for the info Kelly. I would love to have a natural birth ( cant believe im saying that after the pictures i just saw of the head crowning OUCH!!! :eek: heheh) but nothing is ever simple when you're overweight so i had just assumed that i would have to have a caesarean. Great to know that might not be the case.

Thanks again Kelly

Cheers
    Char

Char.....I am no Elle McPherson.....LOL, I am short and have always been overwieght.....I have had 2 vaginal deliveries (one no drugs/pain-relief or stiches) and one induction, but no pain-relief....so it most definately is possible.........

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Char

I'm also overweight and have had all 4 kids by vaginal deliveries. No one ever suggested a caesarean to me, nor would I have wanted one if I could help it. In fact, I don't think my weight was ever really an issue at any time when I was pg, just when I was looking for a Dr for IVF! Maybe it's where you got the idea that you'd be treated as high risk?