Depending on what your hospital and your ob are prepared to do, you can have quite a few choices.
My DH was still able to cut the cord, I was able to hold DS2 in theatre, we were able to leave the vernix on to be naturally absorbed, and bub and DH were able to stay with me in recovery, including having a breastfeed there (in the first 40 or so minutes).
We weren't able to do a delayed clamping, and DH wasn't able to be with me when they did the epidural, but most things on my list were accommodated.
Bookmarks