thread: Caesarian and tummy tuck..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Oct 2005
    A Nestle Free Zone... What about YOU?
    5,374

    Oops othersposted whilst I was compsing my response...

    Yes, you absolutely would need a general anaesthetic. Have a google of what it entails - I am sure there are photos/videos on youtube...

    Absolutely correct Kelly - I think it is way too much to recover from as well as bonding with that beautiful baby - who doesn't care how big or small your belly is - just that you are there to hold him/her close!

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Dec 2005
    5,951

    My mother has had a tummy tuck, and the recovery she went through with it was horrendous! She was in so much pain afterwards, and could barely move for the first month. I know a c/s is major abdominal surgery as well, but a tummy tuck is a lot more invasive, therefore more painful. And you'd need a plastic surgeon to do the tummy tuck, an obstetrian could not do this. Well I certainly wouldn't let one do it.

  3. #3
    BellyBelly Member

    Mar 2007
    Perth
    2,088

    No way I wouldnt have a tummy tuck after having just had a baby. Dont worry about it, have your bub and if you are still unhappy with your tummy down the track go for it then.

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Jan 2008
    Just Coasting
    1,794

    Actually I know someone who has had a tummy tuck too and like Jodi's mum, she said it was extremely painful. For the first two weeks after she got home from hospital she slept sitting up in the lounge chair because she couldn't even get in and out of bed.
    So yeah, that's probably something worth thinking about.

  5. #5
    Registered User

    May 2009
    343

    From my understanding an apronectomy is quite different and significantly less invasive than a tummy tuck.. isn't it? I thought apronectomy was basically cutting out the excess skin, and doesn't involve the muscles. So once your uterus and muscles have been sewn up after the c section it's a matter of widening the cut accross your skin, cutting the excess out, and sewing your skin back together. That's my understanding of it, anyway, quite different to the tummy tuck. I don't think it would be as debilitating as the tummy tuck is, and certainly not much more debilitating than a c-section already is.

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Jan 2008
    Just Coasting
    1,794

    From my understanding an apronectomy is quite different and significantly less invasive than a tummy tuck.. isn't it? I thought apronectomy was basically cutting out the excess skin, and doesn't involve the muscles. So once your uterus and muscles have been sewn up after the c section it's a matter of widening the cut accross your skin, cutting the excess out, and sewing your skin back together. That's my understanding of it, anyway, quite different to the tummy tuck. I don't think it would be as debilitating as the tummy tuck is, and certainly not much more debilitating than a c-section already is.
    Skeetaboat, you've got a point! If that's all it is, and not a full-on tummy tuck then the recovery prob wouldn't be much worse than just having the caesar.