I'm pretty sure that I am going to opt to have a scheduled CS with this bub. But the thing that scares me most about it is how DS is going to cope. He will be 2 and 9 months when bubs arrives. So it would be wonderful if you could share yours and your LO's experience with you having a CS with your second, or subsequent children. I'm interested to know:

- when after your CS did they come to visit? I had initially thought that DS would come that afternoon, but then my sister said it might be best to wait till the next day when I'm up and about and don't have tubes etc - she thought that might be upsetting/scary for him...
- how you/they managed with you not being able to pick them up for weeks afterwards
- how they coped with you being in hospital for those few days
- were you comfortable having them sit on your lap and give them a cuddle?
- could you lift them while sitting?

I think that's the key things, I'm sure there's more... But would love it if you could share your experience. TIA
My first son was 4 when I had a cs so I won't use my experience there. But my other 3 were all cs. Ds2 was 23 months and ds3 was 25 months They were there when I went into theatre and got to meet bub properly before I did and then they came into my room later that day. They were very gentle because dh had told them my belly was sore from a cut. In hospital they were very good and gentle with not bumping the bed. Once I was up and about they were still good and could understand mummy couldn't pick them up. They would climb onto the chair or bed and cuddle me or dh would place them gently

Once I got home they were even better. Kids understand a lot more then we give them credit for. Explain to him what will happen. Maybe even YouTube some videos of a baby being born via cs (if you are comfortable with that) I showed my sons when the cut would be made on my own tummy and theirs.