thread: Did you have a scheduled CS?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Jan 2008
    Just Coasting
    1,794

    Both of my CS were "elective" first at 38+1 weeks and second at 38+5. both came out screaming. Both had apgars of 9 and 9. Neither were suctioned. Ds didn't even go to the paed/resus table. He was given straight to me. Statistically an elective cs can increase respiratory distress but it's definitely not always the case

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Feb 2008
    Country Victoria
    5,945

    I did. At 38+5 and DD2 was fine, came out screaming and had apgars of 9 and 10. No issues here.

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Jan 2011
    ~~Off With The Fairies~~
    1,746

    Mama Spice - I am sitting here *googling* lol

    I'm sure this bub would be like yrs and have no problems when she comes out, but ...

    I just hate being made to schedule my, *bub to be*, to come earlier than bub wants too!

    Hubby called the hospital today, but they are no darn help :| so guess on the 19th when we go see the Resident I will try, yet again, to get them to wait until closer to 40 weeks

    I would even be happy if it was booked in a week later! not asking much I wouldn't have thought!

    Starting to stress me out a bit actually, the not having control of the whole situation!

    But again, thanks to everyone who is replying

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Jan 2011
    ~~Off With The Fairies~~
    1,746

    Mamma Mia - I would be FINE with 38 + 5 to have her! lol tis a lot closer to 39

    arghhh


  5. #5
    Registered User

    Jan 2011
    ~~Off With The Fairies~~
    1,746

    oops and I just realised I hijacked Miss E's post!

    sorry Miss E! Thought twas the one I posted about a c section at 38 weeks!

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Nov 2008
    Melbourne
    2,008

    oops and I just realised I hijacked Miss E's post!

    sorry Miss E! Thought twas the one I posted about a c section at 38 weeks!
    That's ok hun, I'd hardly call it a hijack!

    Don't stress too much about it now. You can always refuse and just stand your ground. You won't be very popular, but hey you'll be having your baby delivered when you want them delivered which is far more important. GL for your appt.

  7. #7
    BellyBelly Member

    Oct 2008
    3,132

    I have had two c/s - one emergency - 45 mins of labour, 9cm dilated, baby was footling breech, her APGARS were 4 and 8. She didn't cry immediately but her birth was very traumatic for us both. My c/s scar was also incredibly numb and I had so much pain after her birth (including bruising all along my c/s scar).

    The other c/s I had was 'elective' (I didn't want it but that's a story for another thread) - everything was calmer and done so much better. Baby was born with APGARS 9 and 9 and I think because they had the time to do everything properly, I had no where near as much pain, no bruising and I had more feeling on the skin below my tummy button than I had in the 18 months since my first c/s. DH reckons now that my scar is also much much neater and not as jagged looking as the first time they sewed me up.

    I hated having a second c/s but it has left my body better healed and more neatly sewed back together so all is not entirely lost and having a scheduled one is far less traumatic for me and the baby than an emergency one was.