Thread: Elective C-SECTION??

mizzsocial Guest

Default Elective C-SECTION??

I didnt know that you could ask for one.. is that only for Private, or can someone like me ask my doctor for one, even though i am public??

Not that i want one.. just wondering.

Kirsty77 Guest

You can ask public if you had a c/s with a previous pregnancy.They do like you to try vaginal birth first but if you don't want to they don't push you to.

I think it would be up to your OB, some would be ok with it and others not.

Hi - I had an emergency CS with my first, almost four years ago and have been seeing my GP who also delivers babies this time and he said it was up to me what I wanted. I asked to be refered to an OB and am booked in for later this month.

All my GP said was that I had an 85% chance of going naturally this time, even though my first was two weeks overdue and induction did not work.

Barb.

Hi,

Did you have a c/section with your first baby?
    I know some hospital's will let you have one but you have to have a medical reason for doing it.

I had emergancy c/sections with both of mine but was booked in for an elective one the second time but never made it to that date.

Hi - it's your body, I'd think you could do what you liked with it, if you want to pay for it.

My old boss, his wife had an elective with their second based around the fact that her pelvic floor muscles were not good after the natural birth of their first.

Barb.