thread: Feeling my SIL's Pain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Add teresa on Facebook

    Mar 2009
    wagga wagga NSW
    1,489

    maz - i am a nurse and i didnt know what a s & s was until i came on here. its a midwife thing and unless u work in womens health, u wouldnt know what it was!!

    i had a c section (had no choice) and i know what your feelings are associated with it. the best thing to do is give lots of TLC and let her know that its still all ok and she hasnt failed at all and her little one will still love her no matter how she/he entered the world. big hugs

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld
    14,682

    Poor thing I hope she gets over the disappointment - its a shocking thing to have to deal with

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Add Jakabella on Facebook

    Nov 2007
    in Love!
    2,586

    Sounds like my Birth Plan too and I ended up with a emerg C sect after being induced after 16 hrs of labour.. I totally get how she is feeling.

    Hugs to you and hugs to your SIL.

    xox

  4. #4

    Dec 2005
    not with crazy people
    8,023

    thanks everyone.

    Its so hard living so far away from her. I have to wait 2 weeks until I see her and meet my new little nephew and i remember how low I felt in those 2 weeks.

    I tried to ring her yesterday but she was busy...will try again tonight just so she knows someone else has been there and she can let it out without a lecture or I know.

    thanks guys

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Jan 2009
    Mooroopna
    501

    I hope she can work through it

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Jul 2007
    Melbourne
    867

    This makes me sad to read. Not because yout SIL had a CS but because she felt her birth wasn't "normal". I have experienced both an emergency CS and a vaginal birth. I am eternally thankful for the Dr who assisted ny son into this world through a CS. Without that surgery he/we may not be here and that doesn't bear thinking about.

    Now don't get me wrong, I too felt cheated initially after my CS. But I have time to think about it and have come to the conclusion both my births were "normal". One was assisted surgically and one wasn't. I am blessed and lucky , not diaapointed and definitely not regretful.

    I hope your SIL can feel positive about her birth and baby soon. Life is fleeting and all babies no matter how they arrive are a miracle.