thread: Are forceps commonly used in C sections to get the baby out?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Aug 2006
    On the other side of this screen!!!
    11,129

    No forceps used in mine either.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Feb 2008
    Melbourne
    1,021

    Forceps were not used in my c-section.

    Janie xxx

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Sep 2009
    Brisbane
    891

    They used forceps in my c-section. I think they were saying his head was stuck behind something...my placenta maybe? I had placenta previa though. Afterwards his head was a little mishappen but snaps back into place in no time since the skull is so soft.

    I have a tiny neat scar, so I think it goes along with what saffy was saying as i was surprised at how short my scar was and found it hard to believe they pulled a baby out of there, but maybe thats another part of the reason they used forceps in my DS's birth cos the incision was so short.