Thread: how fast did u recover after c-section?

Question how fast did u recover after c-section?

Hi every1!

I just wanted to ask how fast did you ladies recover from a c-section?

Im thinking of having another bub...and im just seein da option of havin an elective c. I know its a major operation but from wat I heard some women recover fairly quickly!

Hi Karen,

I went back to work after 5wks.

we had to drive 9 hours home from hospital 5 days PP little tender on trip but Jase then spent a week home with me andwithin 2 weeks I was driving doing everything as before, just nto as much in one go if ya get my drift

I was pretty good within 2 days of my first c/s. I was a little tender getting into bed ect but within 2 weeks I was fine.. with my 2nd I was pretty good within 4 days. I had some back pain the 2nd time round but that was gone by the time I left hospital. Once again within 2 weeks I was almost back to normal.. I even walked my son to school less then 2 weeks. Although I do admit I was stuffed and it was a bit silly I still managed to do it. it is a 4km round trip

I had no problems at all as far as recovery was concerned. I never took any further pain medication once I left the hospital (4 days PP) and was doing as much as my MIL would let me (which admittedly wasn't much) from the point of arriving home. I did walk about 2kms down the road to a BBQ the day after getting home and that was not a good idea, but aside from that I was fine. No problems at all - and though I'm hoping for a VBAC when the time comes, I also hope that if I do have to have another C-sect that my recovery will be quick again - especially since I'll have a toddler to deal with 2nd time around!

i had c-sect and tubal ligation (tubes tied) at the same time and though i could barely move the day of op i was up and about the following arvo. they send you home with a big NOT TO DO list and i stuck to it for about 2 days!!! i think as long as you go easy and dont lift heavy things for the first week or so recovery is quite fast. i was back to normal after 2 weeks..

Jodie259 Guest

I was out of bed & walking around about 12 hours after the c/s. I never needed much/any pain medication because I wasn't in any discomfort. I was allowed to go home after the 3rd day, but I stayed for four because I had difficulty feeding (and it was my first baby). Once I was home, I was walking to the shopping centre nearly every day, which is a 40 minute walk each way. I thought I couldn't drive for 6 weeks, but both the Doctor & the insurance company said I could drive as soon as I felt comfortable.

My scar healed really nicely - I never had 'stitches'... I think it was 'glued' (???)

I'm going for another C/S beccause I recovered so well from the first one (and other reasons )

My first c/s (emergency) was ok, i was up after 2 days but had to do everything very slow and a was best friends with panadeine forte. I stayed in hospital a week but that was due to feeding issues, withing 2 weeks i was fine and driving.

My second was an elective and was miles better - i was up and about the next morning and couldn't believe how different it was from the previous one. Hardly had any pan fort, NO morphine, would have left hosp at 2 days if they would have let me - was whellbarrowing mulch on my garden after 2 1/2 weeks! (Probably not recommended though as although it didn't hurt at the time i have a very red raised scar still so probably did too much too early).

Good luck with whatever you chose!

Julie x