Thread: How long after c/s can you ttc?

Default How long after c/s can you ttc?

I think this has been discussed briefly in caesarean chatter before, but I thought I would ask everyone... DH and I are keen to start TTC quite soon but have been told varying opinions as to when it is safe after a c/s - ob at hospital said 6 months, gp says 12 months etc. So for those of you who have had a c/s then another bub, how long in between? If less that 12 months did you encounter any health problems?

I was never told how long to wait. We started trying for Alex after 9 months i fell pg after 3 months of trying but had two m/c's. Then fell pg again after 2 months and had a great pregnancy.

If we try again for another it will be at about 9 months again.

I had a caesar in April and I saw my gyno for the 6 week check up a couple of weeks ago. He told me to wait 6 months, to give your body time to heal.

Pietta Guest

I was told 9 months as well. We are going to start trying soon. Prob when Ryley is 1- but thats by choice.

Good Luck Beth

welll.....we've only gotten to the discussing part yet...LOL...

Debbie Lee Guest

Beth... I was told at least 6 months aswell. The dr @ the hospital told me as she was filling out my mini-pill prescription. Mind you, I looked at her like she was nuts for even bothering to warn me about getting preggers again any time soon! There was no way in hell I was about to put myself through that again, hehehe. Well.... not so soon n e way...

I just finished reading a book about this and they said in that 12 months to let your body get back to normal, because having a c/s is major surgery. I don't think I would want to try before 12 months I could not imagine having 2 kids under the age of 2 ](*,)

I`m also very interested in this topic, Mark read in a magazine that you have to wait 12 months before TTC, I`ve done a couple of searches on the WWW, can`t find much and they do vary what I did find, one lady commented that she saw her OB at 6 weeks and he said she could try straight away but would be better if she waited 3 months first.

I`m seeing my OB in a couple of weeks so will be asking him then.

Mark also has the opinion it depends on if your having a VBAC or c/s.

Take Care

Deeanne

Beth, this was one of the first questions I asked my Ob, I made the comment that we have heard you have to wait up to 12 months before TTC after having a c/s, my OB`s reply was 'That`s rubbish!!!!", he said you can TTC as soon as you feel ready for it there is no time frame at all.

Matthew is 9 weeks and we are TTC again after my OB mentioned the above.

Take Care

Deeanne

Wow Deeanne, that is great news! Thanks so much for letting us know and good luck with the TTC! I won't be far behind hopefully!