Thread: How many c-sections

Default How many c-sections

Does anyone know how many c-sections you can have ??

We are planning on having another baby once we are allowed to start trying again and i don't think i will have VBAC.

I have heard the maximum is 4 now-a-days.

Love

I have also been told 4

Jo

Kirsty77 Guest

My sister has had 2 so far and has been told to have 3 at the most.My mum had 3 also and was told thats the limit(back in the day!)But my Auntie had 6 all up and had no problems.

Michelle - I haven`t asked my OB this question yet but I have heard 4 but as Shannon has mentioned I think a lot of it is to do with how your uterus is coping and how much scar tissue you have.

Take Care

Deeanne

My SIL has had one natural delivery and two c/s. She is pregnant with her fourth child who will also be a c/s. That makes 3, but I know she won't be trying for any more children after this one. Not because of the number of c/s but I wouldn't imagine a uterus can cope with too many more!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Yeah 4, a friend of mine is having her 4th later in the year - 4th C-Section. I would say 4 would be the maximum, but I wonder if there is anyone out there who has had more...

My mum was told 3 when she had my younger sister 21 years ago. Buuut she said no, she wanted a boy (had 3 girls already) and had another one. So they let her have 4, but if my brother was a sister she would have had another!

My OB told me on Friday that as long as there wasn`t any major risks performing the c/s eg major bleed there is NO limit, he went to a conference where an american woman had 20 c/s!!!!!

I asked my OB this question last Fri at my 6 week check-up. He said that there isn't an official 'limit' as such. You can have as many as you like provided your scar is coping ok. He has performed up to 5 on the same woman, but knows of other cases of 10 & 12 being done with no worries. The scar tissue takes longer to heal is all.

Melinda Guest

Wow....imagine having 20 c/s!! Even 10 or 12 is just incredible!!!

Omg 20!!! #-o

Jo