thread: How much say did you have in your scheduled c/s date?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Feb 2012
    27

    with my daughter in 2005, the date my ob gave me was the same day my friend died a few years earlyer, i said oh no, thats the date my friend died... he changed it to the week earlier which ended up being my birthday. this made baby elective c section date @ 37 weeks.
    my daughter decided to arive early anyway so we dont have same b day !

    I dought an ob would book a csection that early though now, my ob only used tuesdays, hopefully yours works more frequently, I would ask, dont feel bad about " oh that days no sutible"

    All the best

  2. #2
    BellyBelly Member
    Add ~MummaBear~ on Facebook

    Sep 2009
    Bunbury WA
    804

    my Dr tried to do my c Section on my mother in laws birthday ( we dont really talk ) so i cracked it cause i thought i had no say LOL the next appointment i had a bit of a cry and he kinda looked at me weird and asked why i didnt say something earlier . Anyway we changed it!! apparently they can be flexible depending on the hospital but they wont do it before 39 weeks ( at my hospital anyway) unless there is a real reason!

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Add Muraho on Facebook

    Dec 2008
    Melbourne
    27

    I used to work in an Obs/Gynae theatre unit. Whilst there is some flexibility - you will be restricted somewhat by what days your obstetrician (or your obstetric team if you've got that kind of thing) has their elective c/s list on.

    ie. I didn't have a c/s; but the Ob I chose was one I worked with and her elective c/s list (public) was on Fridays; and her private list was on Thursdays.

    Just something to be aware of - and they are usually restricted themselves according to the times available in theatre; and what the booking lists are doing for that week.

    HTH!

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Feb 2004
    Melbourne
    11,171

    We had very little say in ours, but mostly because we are going to a small country hospital with limited operating schedules. Of course if I went into labour beforehand they would deal with it. We were given a date & requested a week earlier, which would have been yesterday but I'm still here with a giant belly at 38w 4d.