thread: How well did you recover in the 6 weeks after your c-section? What was the pain like?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Jan 2010
    712

    I had 2 c-sect's. The first I would have been fine sooner but my BP was out of control. My second was born at 1.15am and I was on my feet and showered and into see my son in the NICU by 11am and managed very well on panadol for pain relief (and was very naughty and was driving in 2 weeks cos I had to get into the hospital to care for my son)

  2. #2
    BellyBelly Member

    Sep 2010
    North West Victoria, Australia
    3,003

    I had a planned c/s at 34 weeks, due to alot of reasons.
    I was off everything but panadol after 48 hours. I got out of bed after 24 hours.
    I was moved in Ronald McDonald House on Day 5, which required me to walk up and down 2 flights of stairs and I was fine with that.
    I'm not sure about lifting, as I never lifted DD. She was only 1.6kg anyway.
    Good luck for your c/s!!

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Apr 2009
    in the garden
    3,767

    My CS was an emergency CS and my recovery was pretty good. My sister had two, the first was quite good, the second was not.

    If you can take it easy the first couple of weeks it should get easier after that. And jumbo undies rule

    All the best

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Jan 2007
    7,197

    I know there are loads of horror stories around, but I am another one who has had 2 relatively good c/s. My recovery was pretty good, I kept up with my pain killers for the first few weeks, even if I was feeling okish, because if I didn't then I didn't feel so good! The pain for me once i got home wasn't excruciating, just tiring and annoying really. By week 4 with my first I was driving and week 3 with DS. Both times I waited until I was feeling spot on to drive, especially as I had little ones, and I also needed to be able to get them in and out of the car.

    My insurance company said the same thing regarding insurance, as long as the Drs said it was ok then it was fine and there was no limit - nurses basically said, if you feel ok then drive. Interesting.
    Jumbo supportive undies are the most comfortable thing and make everything feel supported, and resting as much as you can in the first few weeks is great. I guess one thing that is good about a c/s is that you are forced to rest - which means loads of lounging around, cuddling and sleeping with your baby!! Good luck hun -not long to go now!! xoxoxo

    ETA: I had my c/s at 9am and the other at midday and was up at around 6am the next day for a shower. SItting upright in bed for feeds later that night.
    Last edited by Beach Mama; October 25th, 2011 at 07:27 AM.

  5. #5
    BellyBelly Member

    Sep 2010
    North West Victoria, Australia
    3,003

    My mum got me a whole heap of $1 granny undies from Target. They were the best thing ever!!

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Jul 2008
    Home with my Son :)
    2,611

    I was off everything but panadol after 48 hours. I got out of bed after 24 hours.
    I was moved in Ronald McDonald House on Day 5, which required me to walk up and down 2 flights of stairs and I was fine with that.
    Mines almost similar except I had an emergency with twins at 24wks. I was off all painkillers by day 3. I think they key to a good recovery is to get up and about ASAP, and try not to dwell on the pain. If your in pain, your in pain, but if you lay in bed not moving thinking about the surgery I think it makes it worse IYKWIM.. With twins in NICU and having no choice but to walk to see them made me forget about the pain pretty fast. I am having a scheduled c section this time too, I hope my recovery is just as quick.

    I do think however if you can stay with your Mum then why not? And yeah jumbo undies, loose fitting clothes