thread: just wondering who had blood thinner injections after their cesareans and who didnt.?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Jan 2008
    Just Coasting
    1,794

    I think I had 1 heparin injection post op after my CS but that was it.

    Although earlier this year I had a total tyroidectomy and i had twice daily heparin injections for 6 days! Bit of overkill if you ask me especially as I was mobile only 3 hours after my surgery. Apparently it was that hospitals policy. A bit sadistic if you ask me . . . especially when they would say "sorry this is going to sting more because we've runout of the smaller injections". makes me cringe thinking about it!

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jul 2007
    Canberra
    536

    I know this is an old post...

    They put me in stockings and gave me daily injections (not sure if Heparin or Clexane) even though I was up and walking less than 12 hours after my c-section. No Epi, I had a spinal block. I think it was hospital policy after c-section, but I also have a family history of DVT.