Well, I found it difficult imagining what was being done during the surgery. I asked my husband to keep me busy with talking about anything else. If you are the same make sure that he asks you questions so that you can concentrate on what he is saying and not the fact that they are cutting you. Talk about what you are going to do with the baby maybe. Oh, you will feel everything they are doing just with no pain and the operating table with move alot. Afterwards you might get the shakes in recovery and they give you extra blankets and a heater. It's all normal. Take underwear with that will cover the wound (not bikini panties) and black is better so you don't see the blood stains. Also, you will want to throw away the first few pairs you wear so don't bring your best. I actually used disposable undies with my first caesar. Make sure you husband or someone you feel comfortable with is there for your first shower. You might need help getting in and out and just to lean on someone. You can be quite breathless when you first get up. No one told me either that my legs and feet would swell up after birth and that I would feel like an elephant. Apparently normal but scary if it is your first time.
The pain isn't that bad after. Take the meds and concentrate on baby. Just remember that if you cough or sneeze to hold your abdomen with your hand. It helps with the pain.
Bookmarks