thread: Looking for Cs tips or advise

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Jul 2007
    in a super happy place!
    1,008

    There is some really fantastic advice - especially Belle's post. i had a 'elective' c-section for breech and it was really really positive. I don't really remember being in any horrible pain - could of possibly just blocked it out - but overall it was a really good experience.

    In my case when I had the epidural, our hospital didn't allow my husband to come in with me. He had to go sit in the nurses tearoom and have a cuppa - not really sure why I think it was just hospital policy. I had a fantastic midwife with me the whole time, and basically did what Belle suggested and just completely focused on her. She just held my hands and was great. I am almost glad my DH wasn't in with me, because I probably would of started to cry (I was a bit nervous and tend to get sooky around him ).

    Definiately take a lovely bodywash with you and a big sponge for that first shower.

    Keep up with medications even if you don't think you need them. I just took Panadol and Voltarin while in hospital and then panadol at home, and always feel pretty good.

    After my c-section, the next day I started having a lot of pain in my shoulder - which apparently was air trapped in there after the c-section. Apparently it is quite common so the nurses just gave me heat packs and massages which helped out. That was probably the most painful bit - the pain in my shoulder, although it was gone in a day.

    Definiately make sure you have bubs in reach on that first night! We made the mistake of putting him across the other side of the room, DH left for the night and then DS starting screaming! The nurses were flat out and took ages to come! I ended up sleeping with him in my bed which was lovely, and then DH stayed at the hospital with me for the next 3 nights - on a pull out stretcher bed. That was really nice.

    Good luck with everything!!!

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Feb 2005
    Sydney
    2,597

    your welcome! ooh yes forgot to mention, as your feet will be swollen ask your DH to massage them or if they have a massage lady/man at the hospital they can come and give you massage I had a shoulder and foot massage at the hospital as they both hurt from the swelling and my shoulder hurt from leaning looking at bubs while BF.

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Dec 2007
    Melbourne
    1,628

    Another tip I just thought of and not sure if anyone has mentioned it. Drink lots of water while recovering. I found that it helped with toileting after having the cathetar (sp?) out.

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Dec 2006
    Out of my mind. Back in five minutes...
    3,304

    A big yes on the water, and take some dried apricots or similar in with you to eat, as they will help with the no2s as the pain meds can block you up a bit.

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Apr 2007
    Sydney
    900

    Does it hurt to pee and poo after a CS?

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Sep 2008
    Perth
    486

    It hurts a bit but more when you are trying to release the muscles. Hold your stomach in the beginning. It feels more comfortable. It will hurt more if you hold it I think.

  7. #7
    BellyBelly Member

    Apr 2007
    In my own little world!!!
    1,483

    I've had my gallbladder out and appendics...both with reasonable size scars...is it similar to that surgery in terms of recovery?