thread: Maternal-assisted Caesareans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    SamanthaP Guest

    LOL Mamaduke, note the sentence says 'I think...' - it's my opinion and I'm certainly not going to edit my opinion to make it more palatable for someone else. We're all grown-ups here aren't we?!

    Charli's mumma the best thing you can do is to find caregivers who believe in you and your body 100%. Surround yourself with the right people and right environment and the birth will follow.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Sep 2006
    24

    LOL Mamaduke, note the sentence says 'I think...' - it's my opinion and I'm certainly not going to edit my opinion to make it more palatable for someone else. We're all grown-ups here aren't we?!
    Yes we are all grown ups and we're all women too...as long as we continue to disregard each other's feelings and desires we'll never get anywhere in this world. It amuses me that we expect the medical profession to respect our wishes & feelings yet we can't even do that for each other.

    Kelly - thank you for your explanation. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

  3. #3
    SamanthaP Guest

    I haven't disregarded your feelings, Mamaduke. I just expressed mine - does that mean you are disregarding mine? Why are your feelings more ok then mine? If we all thought the same it would be a very boring world. Support doesn't always have to be given mindlessly you know. If this is the only option for you (and I mean the only, not just because your Dr said so), then go for it. But it does concern me and I do think that it could be used as a way to further marginalise and disempower women. It's a bandaid solution to a really deep-rooted problem.

Similar Threads

  1. : 50
    : July 15th, 2010, 03:46 PM
  2. Welcome to Long Term Assisted Conception
    By BellyBelly in forum Long Term Assisted Conception
    : 0
    : September 23rd, 2005, 08:17 PM