thread: May need a caesarean for my twins

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Jan 2011
    melbourne
    106

    Hi, I have had 2 c/s. Both in a private hospital and chose my anaethetist and requested a spinal. DP was with me at a ll times except for a short time when I was having the spinal and IV inserted and urinary catheter once spinal set in (in theatre) and he was changing into scrubs. I was pretty upset both times but everyone was so kind and compassionate. Had oxygen mask, heart rate and oxygen levels monitored throughout. OB talked through what he was doing, own music played throughout operation, DP and paed took photos, no video allowed in our hospital. Once baby out they held him up for me to see and then in the same room and with DP , check them over and DP cut cord. Both times we requested the placenta - no probs. skin to skin while in theatre with some extra blankets on top. Transferred to recovery as a family, first feed and weigh. After 1/2hr, t/f to ward. I have been shaky and itchy post op both times, medication reaction. No nausea, dizzy etc. I am not one to be waited on so request as much pain relief as possible so I can get moving (carefully) ASAP. Co-slept so that I didn't have to twist, reach for bubs overnight or wait for midwife to come. Lots of feeding to bring in milk. Catheter out next morning, up and showered etc. best advice is to stand up straight immediately, if you crunch over, it really hurts to stand up straight when you need to. Introduce bub to all the family! The choosing a date is weird, I really struggled with the first but asked for the latest date possible 38+4, went for a VB AC second time around and was 41+5. Looking toward another c/s in March and have asked for latest date again, probably 39 weeks. I hope bub turns, good luck!

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Aug 2006
    Springvale South, Melbourne
    2,826

    Hi Amanda, I'm a member of the breech fb page. It has so much info and support in there. I birthed my singleton breech vaginally 10 weeks ago. Having 6 previous vaginal births, you'd be a good candidate for a vbb. If you'd like to know any more I'm happy to help.