thread: Misgav Ladach Method C-Section

Apr 2009
    Vic

Misgav Ladach Method C-Section

(to the mods: this is the 2nd thread i've created on this question, im not sure if the first has been misplaced or put in a different thread but i cannot find it)

I would like to know if anyone who has had a ceasar recently has had this new method of c-section performed on them. I am planning my 4th pregnancy and know i will need a c-section (previous 3 have all been c-s), so it will be planned. But I'm hoping to find a Dr who is performing this new version of the operation.

The Misgav Ladach method is fairly new which is why im not sure if its being done in Australia yet (we are usually many years behind the rest of the world)

It is basically the same cut, except that the abdomen muscles are not cut , they are manually separated to get to the womb. The benefits are supposed to be less blood loss, quicker recovery, less pain, quicker procedure etc.

Any information appreciated.

Cheers.

Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld

Thats really weird that its like "brand new" cos of all the paperwork I received for both my sections - thats how its done - by separating the muscles, and only doing the initial cut with the scalpel.

I know it was definitely like that with my first cos I've watched the video and you can see my OB pulling apart my muscles, he didn't have anything else in his hands.

I'm guessing my second OB would have done the same thing as well, but I didn't get her work on video this time round - can't remember why.

I thought that WAS the method ?

Apr 2009
    Vic

Thats really weird that its like "brand new" cos of all the paperwork I received for both my sections - thats how its done - by separating the muscles, and only doing the initial cut with the scalpel.

I know it was definitely like that with my first cos I've watched the video and you can see my OB pulling apart my muscles, he didn't have anything else in his hands.

I'm guessing my second OB would have done the same thing as well, but I didn't get her work on video this time round - can't remember why.

I thought that WAS the method ?
    when and where did you have your c's?

Did your OB specifically tell you what method was being used? It was never explained to me this way, so I cant be sure if its the method i recieved 3 years ago or not.

Nov 2005
    in a house!

Im pretty sure my muscles were cut and thats why I could hardly move and was in pain afterwards? Alsothe reason why the numbing occurs?

Mel, were you numb afterwards?

Nov 2005
    in a house!

Im pretty sure my muscles were cut and thats why I could hardly move and was in pain afterwards? Alsothe reason why the numbing occurs?

Mel, were you numb afterwards?

Dec 2006
    Gippsland Vic

I was definately cut all the way through 3 times!!!! That sounds great and so much better for your body Good luck in finding out more.

Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld

Yeah I was numb - but the muscles still need to stitch themselves back together - and therefore the nerves are messed around with - and thats why you feel numb - I don't think its a case of whether you were cut or not. I remember it clearly with my first c-section because I could distinctly feel him pulling the muscles apart (and it was confirmed on my birth video).

I had my first section in January 2007 and my second in August 2008. Hopefully I won't have to have another one to comment on though

Apr 2009
    Vic

Yeah I was numb - but the muscles still need to stitch themselves back together - and therefore the nerves are messed around with - and thats why you feel numb - I don't think its a case of whether you were cut or not. I remember it clearly with my first c-section because I could distinctly feel him pulling the muscles apart (and it was confirmed on my birth video).

I had my first section in January 2007 and my second in August 2008. Hopefully I won't have to have another one to comment on though
    my first was in 96, then 2000, then in 2006. Next im predicting will be 2010

Add Jakabella on Facebook

Nov 2007
    in Love!

I am pretty sure that my muscles were pulled apart too.. I think the nurse expalined to me that it knits back together faster and less pain... and I was up and about the next day with not to much pain. I couldnt be 100% sure but I think that they tear the muscles so they knit faster... thats my understaning of what I had anyway, I am numb too by the way - but its coming back fast.

Jul 2007
    melb

I am pretty sure mine were pulled apart also.

I still have a numb part on belly very bizzare feeling but i love poking it!!!

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Apr 2009

Yes where I work they are pulled apart. Never knew it had a name but I can ask. I have only ever seen this way done and have being seeing c/s for 5yrs in what I would call a backward rural hospital which is far from up to date with new practices.

Apr 2009
    Vic

Yes where I work they are pulled apart. Never knew it had a name but I can ask. I have only ever seen this way done and have being seeing c/s for 5yrs in what I would call a backward rural hospital which is far from up to date with new practices.
    thats promising.

It could be that the method is only new to me.

I have requested info from the RWH in Melbourne and I got a reply that said the query has been passed onto the medical staff....so I should get more info soon.

Apr 2009
    Vic

I am pretty sure mine were pulled apart also.

I still have a numb part on belly very bizzare feeling but i love poking it!!!
    Yes i have that numb spot too... it feels strange.

After my first c-s, I ended up with a terrible pain in my upper back. If i layed flat on my back, it would start to really hurt, so for years i had to always lay on either side. Strangely enough, after my second c-s, the pain mysteriously disappeared. I was so happy to be able to lay flat on my back again....

but then after my 3rd c-s the pain returned (though not as bad)

Has anyone else heard of this strange pain in the back?

Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld

Did you have an epidural? I had a sore spot after my first because I had an epidural - but I had a spinal for the second so didn't have the same thing.

Apr 2009
    Vic

Did you have an epidural? I had a sore spot after my first because I had an epidural - but I had a spinal for the second so didn't have the same thing.
    the first 2 were epidurals, the 3rd was a spinal.

the pain feels a bit like a pinched nerve and its always in the upper area of my back just below the shoulder blades.