If you birth in a private hospital with a private ob you should be able to have an elective on request.
In a public hospital, not so sure. Perhaps find out if there are any private obs who work in public hospitals that might be able to accommodate your request.
Either way I do recommend you get a copy of the excellent book "Delivery by Appointment" which gives a good unbiased look at the benefits & pitfalls of c/sections. Just be aware that there are plenty of post c-section issues that aren't apparent at the time of birth - I had a maternally requested c-section and ended up with a post-surgical infection that lingered on for 10 weeks after my baby was born - during that time I was largely housebound and had problems carrying my baby for any period of time. Also you need to understand a C/S can impact on subsequent pregnancies. Even if you have already made the decision (like I had) the book will give you a good idea of what to expect.
Bookmarks