I had a C/S for a frank breech baby, in January 2010.
Can I ask what hospital you are going to? I was at the mercy.
My C/S experience was awesome in my opinion.
Mostly due to the fabulous theatre nurse I had.
I had a spinal block, so no feeling at all- but DD was "stuck" so a lot of pulling and tugging was required.
I had skin on skin contact the second I was in recovery, this was possible because I asked to be scheduled at the last op for the day as I was told it would increase my chances of having DD in recovery with me.
We were also able to have our first BF in recovery, which was lovely.
My DD was taken by my DH to get weighed and measured while I was stitched up, I specified in my birth plan that only my DH and medical staff were allowed to touch/see/hold her until I got back to my room.
This was due to mine and DH's family hanging out in the waiting room, I wanted to be there to introduce her to them IYKWIM?
DD was born at 4.36pm, and I was up by 9am the next morning, which I think helped with my recovery.
Try to get up ASAP without overdoing it.
Sorry this post is all over the place- I'm on my phone.
I also had an ECV, not pleasant and didn't work for me.
I hope it works for you
Ps I know of 1 doctor at the Mercy hospital who is experienced in delivering breech babies, PM me for her name if you are going to the Mercy
Bookmarks