Thread: Question about C-Section

Default Question about C-Section

Hi,

If i choose to have a c-section this time as that is what they are talking about as i had one with Kimberley but that was an emergancy one.
    Kimberley will be 2 yrs 4mths old.
    I am scared that i will not be able to give so much attention to kimberley if i have the c-section as i know you are not meant to lift anything heavy and do so much. Also i am worried that she will hurt me in some way.

Has anyone had one with there second child and how did you manage ??

Any help will be great.

TIA

Pietta Guest

I obviosuly can't answer your question but I just wanted to say that this is a topic I was thinking about so thanks for posting it!!

Melinda Guest

I can't help you either Michelle, but as I will be having a caesarean next time around as advised by my OB to avoid a potential emergency one like I had with Jacob, I am interested to hear what other people have to say.

hmm looks like those of us who have had c's this time around are curious about this... sorry I can't help... maybe Trish?? She's had one & bub? I think??

Hi girls

I've had 2 c-sections. Gabrielle was 20 months old when Zeke was born. For the first few days I didn't lift her, other people handed her to me for cuddles etc and I had to be careful of her jumping around on me when she came to visit at hospital.

But after about a week I had no problems lifting her. I guess it depends on how fast you heal, more than anything.

I didn't do anything like hand out washing (which stretches out all the muscles they've stitched back together) for a few weeks, but i was back driving after one week with no side effects whatsoever (auto transmission).

I'd suggest that you just do more "gentle" activities with the older kids for the first week or so.... reading, craft at the table, playing board games etc, and ease yourself back into it.

But be encouraged.... I didn't have any c-section related problems at all.

MistyFying

Pietta Guest

Thanks for the info MistyFying!!

It is great to know

Thank you for that MistyFying

Michelle

I had 2 c/s and am going to have my 3rd soon.

Shannen was 2yrs 7 months when Tayla was born. She would visit at the hospital and once she was shown that I had a sore on my tummy, she was very careful. I came home on Day 6 after the birth and it was pretty easy. I just made sure that I had everything where I needed it and Shannen got to help me with the baby, she was very good really.

We did buy her a baby born doll as a gift from the baby, so she copied me all the time, which was quite cute.

There are things that you wont be able to do, like washing and really heavy lifting, but there is nothing that cannot be adapted to. Shannen used to crawl up on me all the time, but I tried to make sure that I had a cushion or pillow on my lap, to cushion the scar, in case she got a little rough.

I was pretty much doing everything myself about a week later. Although I wasnt allowed to drive for 4w due to low BP, so that was really hard. Try to make sure that you buy a little extra of the everyday stuff that you will need in advance.

I am sure that you will be fine.

When Trish had her c-sect Christy, I think her older boys were 8 & 11, so not so much of a worry there.

ahhh...LOL...I guess not