Thread: Spinal Block in C-sections

allyfield Guest

Default Spinal Block in C-sections

I am having a c-section on monday 16th october and I am very nervous about the spinal block.

How much does it hurt???

Ally, i had a spinal block for my last c-section and it didn't hurt a bit, they put a local aneasthetic in first which stings a bit, but the spinal itself was just a little bit of pressure.
    Good luck!

Good luck!
    I think the only pain you will feel is the local they put on first. I hope everything goes wonderfully for you.

Kirsty77 Guest

Yep all you'll feel is the local going in then pressure when they put the spinal in. The local does sting a bit but its over very very quickly.

Yep I agree with the others - also when they did mine I was sitting up on the bed and holding the midwifes shoulders and looking straight at her and she was talking to me to help get my mind off things. My DH was standing behind me also offering words of encouragement. It will be fine! Good luck

Mine really didn't hurt much at all, it was just the pinch of the local needle. Mind you I was in full blown labour so it was in perspective iykwim!

You'll be fine Ally. A quick sting has to be better than hours of labour pains!! And once you see bub you'll be so happy!! Good luck!

Yeah I was having contractions while he was trying to place it so he didn't use local & I didn't even notice it until I was numbed from the hips down.

i agree with the rest of the ladies, a small pinch and sting, then pressure. I wasnt in labour when mine was done, but very rushed, as was a emerg c/s. Good luck!!

Good Luck ALi, but at least with a booked csec when they say "curl your spine like a porcupine and keep VERY still" you won't have contractions to deal with.
    Any pain you do feel will be quickly forgotten with a baby in your arms.