thread: stay in hospital

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Aug 2004
    Hunter Valley, Wine Country, NSW
    3,006

    I was told if bub was born before 12pm it`s classed as day 1, if born after 12pm it`s classed as 0 day, I`m in NSW.

    I stayed in hospital for 1 week, just because that`s the length of stay they expected me to stay, they said I could have stayed longer if I liked.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jul 2006
    6,869

    At my hospital if bub is born between 12am and 11.59am thats day 0. If born 12pm (so lunchtime) and 11.59pm thats day 1.

    They also ask you to stay 5 days, but allow you to leave after 3 days.

    Ive not had a c/s but thats what ive been told.

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Jan 2004
    3,903

    DS was born around 9amish I think, and the classed it as day 1.
    Hospital policy was a minimum 5 days (so they said) they preferred 7 days.
    I had trouble keeping food down on day 3, so had to stay until day 5.

    Nic

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Jul 2007
    122

    I was in for 5 days after c/s with our little fella... am hoping to have a 5 day stay again this time, because i will really need the rest!!! (and i even like hospital food... anything, as long as i don't have to cook!) .

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Sep 2008
    5

    Thumbs up update

    hello everyone.
    Just a quick update from my first posting of my question.

    I finally went in on wednesday (22nd) to have my c-section. Turns out if i am admitted before 10am or 12 pm forgot which one ( which i did ) that was one day. anything after that is 0 day.

    But in terms of how i went, i was great. By thurs when they removed all my tubes and i got up with some help from the nurses and nice rejunventing shower i was really well and relax. surprisingly the pain factor what close to nothing !!
    I feel my nipple hurts more now from the breastfeeding then from the wound.
    I felt so well thurs night i was requesting to leave already.
    however my obs said Sat is the earliest, and by the next day friday when he came back to check the wound, he allow me home ( i think he couldn't put up with my whinging of being bored )
    so I just like to comment i had a very good experience with my c-section all thanxs to my obs !