thread: travelling question ?

Oct 2005
    near the ocean

travelling question ?

I want to visit my parents who live about 6-7 hrs drive away and was wondering how long after a c-section can you travel by car. just wondering do i need to see my gp to get checked out first or is it just how you feel.
    We'll be taking lots of stops to rest, walk around and feed bub, and midwife explained to me i need to get bub out every cpl of hours during the trip but i forgot to ask about myself travelling.
    can anyone help?

Apr 2009
    Vic

How long ago did you have your c-s?

If you are pain free, then thats a pretty good indication that you'd be right to go IMHO.

Jan 2004

beau, I think what you've written down with regards to stopping and getting bub out for a bit, applies to you also.

Sometimes i found that being in the car for a couple of hours was fine, other times I couldn't handle a 2 hour trip without a few stops to get out and strecth my legs or even sit in a different position. Maybe don't let it drag on for too long when you feel the need to have a stretch.

Nic

Oct 2005
    near the ocean

thanks peg and nic. i had the c-section 2 wks ago, but feeling great and off the pain med. we are waiting a few more weeks till we travel but will def take lots of breaks throughout...