thread: VBAC vs C/S- What swayed your decision?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Dec 2010
    The zoo
    735

    For me it was what would give me the least anxiety throughout the pregnancy, and what I thought had the most manageable risks. I had a fantastic OB who I trusted implicitly, and his opinion was to go for a repeat c-section so I went with that. I knew that I would feel far less anxiety going into a controlled environment rather than attempting a vbac and always worrying about what could go wrong. Others would have seen the risks the other way around but that is how I felt and it was what was right for me.

    Also, given the difficulty we had conceiving my children I had kind of lost faith in my body's ability, so given how high-intervention their conception was the high-intervention birth didnt bother me at all.

    Also, the reason we had the c-section for the first was likely to repeat (which it did anyway), which was another decider.

    Good luck with your decision

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Oct 2009
    surrounded by textbooks, cat toys and love
    1,124

    No advice hun, just wanted to wish you luck and certainty with whatever decision you make