thread: what do they give you immediately after the c-section while they stitch you up?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    May 2009
    343

    Hi Leesa, yeah I did ask about having the my hubby and baby stay while I'm getting stitched up and the midwife said they don't have enough staff, so hubby and baby have to go upstairs after a quick cuddle. In fact she was trying to get me to agree that it is ok, after I objected a bit. I don't have any further contact with anyone from the hospital until the actual day of my c-section, so I don't have an opportunity to ask if any of this is negotiable... unless I can find a way to get another appointment with someone from the hospital. It certainly sounded like it's not. I've tried calling the midwifery ward but the hospital operator won't put me through.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jul 2008
    118

    I told my obstetrician that I wanted my husband and daughter present in recovery afterwards, and so that's what happened. This was at Frances Perry in Melbourne. I was told that generally their presence would be conditional upon number of available midwives.

    Have you determined exactly what hospital policy is? I guess it would vary from place to place. I was quite assertive about wanting them with me...you may have to be, too!