thread: What was your lochia like after a c/s?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Apr 2008
    Melbourne
    6,745

    I had 2 emergency c/s - the first I got to 7cm and bled for 6 weeks. The second I had a uterine rupture but was 4-5cm before that and I bled for 8 weeks.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Add STARRYSKY on Facebook Follow STARRYSKY On Twitter

    Aug 2007
    adelaide
    1,989

    I have heard of others that Iknow saing they had very little to no bleeding after a csection, I know I bled, heaps! lots of large clots too, for about 6-8 weeks after, the hospital confirmed I had an infection though at around 6 wks, started on ABs then passed a rather largish clot and the bleeding stopped not long after. I also had an internal bleed, leading to a collection of blood in some pocket somewhere (?) that had to be monitored until it was re absorbed.
    one of the girls in my mums group said she had no bleeding after hers, the ob said they suctioned it all out for her.

  3. #3
    Registered User

    May 2008
    where the V8's roar
    1,855

    I had spontaneous rapture of membranes, was in labour for about 17 hrs and dialated to 6 cm's before they did the c/section.
    The first week was heavy and I noticed that when I bf I would get cramps and bleed more. This happened into the 2nd week but less frequently. I still had to wear a pad for about 6 weeks, the first month was fairly steady and then it was like it was the end of my period that seemed to go on forever
    Last edited by kelebek; July 12th, 2009 at 09:44 PM. : just added a bit more

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Mar 2008
    In my own twisted little universe
    1,046

    i bled like a stuck pig for 6 weeks exctly

  5. #5
    BellyBelly Member

    Nov 2004
    VIC
    1,794

    i hardly bled after my c/s with my twins- only for a couple of days and then spotting very lightly for a couple of weeks. With my VBAC i bled for 10 days that got lighter as time went on- so definately different each time.

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Sep 2006
    1,223

    I had a c/s at 36 weeks. No labour so therefore no dialation and bled moderately for the 1st 2 weeks and then discharged lightly but needed a pad up to 7 weeks post birth. I guess it goes to show we are all individuals in this aspect of our bodies too

    BG I hope its not af returning for you so soon hunny.

  7. #7
    Registered User

    Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise
    15,272

    i'm not sure what's happenin Mako! it's not heavy enough to be a real AF (well, not like i'm used to) but it's heavier than lochia was after the large clot passed so i'm clueless! it's annoying me no end though!

  8. #8
    Registered User

    Feb 2008
    Melbourne
    1,021

    I laboured for about 29 hours, had my waters break naturally and only got to 1cm dilated. Had an emergency c-s due to severe pre-eclampsia and then bled for 8 weeks! I remember thinking that it was never going to end. I think the first 6 weeks were pretty heavy and then the last 2 were light but still enough to need a pad not a panty liner.

    Janie xxx

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Add Rach75 on Facebook

    Oct 2005
    Moura, QLD, Australia
    3,754

    I was induced contracted all night no dilation after 10hrs Jack in distress

    c-sect performed, I had small amount of loss that day when I was allowed up the next day I had a large loss in shower and then basically nothing till 6 weeks PP then it was a slightly heavier period..