thread: Leather seats & kids car seats

Mar 2006

Leather seats & kids car seats

It looks like DH & I might have brought a new car (woohoo!!!!) so I'm trying to get a few little bits and pieces organised for it - can't help myself, LOL!!

The seats are leather and I'm worried that the kids carseats are going to damage it so I want to put a car seat cover on it but DH says it will be ok.

What would you do? Do you have leather seats in your car what do you do?

TIA

Apr 2006
    Perth

Woohoo for a new car lovely. WHat did you end up going with?

I got a new car before I was born so its had at least a car seat on its leather seats for over five years now and they're still pristine. We just used the pad that comes with the SnS Meridian, and then the Maxirider and now the Hiliner. No problems at all. The great thing about the leather is that icecream, vomit, , chocolate, milkshake. pop top - and that's just DH's mess ;-) - all just wipe off

Mar 2008
    Where dreams are now reality

With DDs capsule I used to just put it directly on the seat and it didnt damage it . With her carseat I found it moved around more since the leather is a bit more slippery so I just put a thin blanket under it.

Oct 2006
    Melbourne

Oh yay hun, what are you getting? We are just starting to car hunt, need to upgrade my car.

I think leather seats would be ok? You could easily wipe them down for any spills etc. But I've never had them so don't mind me lol!

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Mar 2008
    Vic

Ooh good question. Subbing because we're considering leather for DH's next car and I was thinking I'd put a car seat on the back seat.

Oct 2008
    Victoria

Woo hoo for new car! We found that the car seat protector that came with Moo's carseat wasn't big enough, so we just bought the bigger one instead. Buster's capsule didn't come with one so we've just put a towel underneath it. They are so easy to clean off though, always come up a treat!

Feb 2006
    Mornington Peninsula, Vic

We have leather and just use the mats that come with the meridian and hiliner and blanet under compaq.

Mar 2006

Thanks everyone for your input. None of our carseats have mats so I might look into those and car seats to prevent slipping (although with three seats jammed in there isn't much wiggle room, LOL!!).

I'm posting in the woohoo thread as I'm so damn excited about it

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    melbourne

We have leather seats and I use a dark grey towel underneath, cheaper than the mats

Jul 2007
    melb

We have leather seats and we use the mat under the car seats that are supplied with car seats when purchased and then use a terrytowling cloth nappy over back of seat to stop teather straps digging into leather. No problem.

Mar 2006

You ladies are so resourceful!!!!! Some great ideas for me

Dec 2005
    In Bankworld with Barbara

I just have a towel folded in half under DS2's car seat and it's fine. We've had the car for 5 years now and the car seat has always been in the same spot and there is not a single mark on it from the seat.